The holidays are just around the corner and soon there will be no time left to get everything done (don’t panic!!). I’m all about getting my baking done ahead of time, so I don’t have to worry about one more thing to cross off my TO-DO list. I’ve got you covered with this festive holiday treat – candy cane chocolate bark that you can make ahead of time, store and pull out when unexpected guests stop by, or if you need an instant gift!
There are only 3 ingredients in this recipe, making it your quickest and simplest holiday recipe yet! Not to mention this is a fun recipe to make with the kids and nothing says Happy Holidays like a homemade gift from the heart! The best part – it’s edible, easy to make and it’s CHOCOLATE! Am I right?!
- 1 lb. white chocolate
- 6 oz milk chocolate
- ¼ cup crushed candy canes (from the bulk barn)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (it's best to use a baking sheet with sides).
- Melt white and milk chocolate in separate bowls.
- Working quickly, pour white chocolate on top of your prepared baking sheet. Using an offset spatula, spread chocolate into a thin layer. Pour drops of milk chocolate on top of the white chocolate and using a knife, swirl the chocolates together to create a marble affect. Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
- Lightly bang the cookie sheet on the counter to pop any air bubbles in the chocolate.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for an hour to harden chocolate. Once chocolate is hard, break pieces off in random sections. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 weeks.
When working with chocolate, you want to work quickly so your chocolate doesn't harden as you are trying to blend the white and milk chocolate together. Also you want your crushed candy canes to stick and dry into the chocolate.
To make as a gift: Place candy cane bark in cellophane bags, tie with ribbon and a piece of garland (you could also use pine cones). Add a gift tag and maybe a gift card. Store in the fridge until ready to gift!