It just isn’t St. Patrick’s Day without a green-decked treat, like these two bite chocolate mint brownies. So soft, rich and decadent; topped with minty buttercream icing, they are perfect for an Irish celebration!
So get your green on in the kitchen and have some fun whipping up a simple brownie recipe that everyone will love.
Ever wonder what St.Patrick’s Day is all about? Sometimes we seem to celebrate events without even knowing what we are celebrating, I think we are all guilty of that. For me it’s an excuse to get in the kitchen and be creative. If you’re not sure and want to read a little on what it’s all about, click here.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone. I hope you enjoy making these two bite chocolate mint brownies!
- ⅓ cupStirling unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (150g) milk chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup plus 1 Tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sifted cocoa powder
- Mint Butter Cream Icing
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons of soft butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons of whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- 5-8 drops green food colouring (optional)
- green sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325˚F
- Grease or cover in parchment paper an 8 x 8 inch square pan. Set aside
- Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Melt butter and chocolate slowly. Cool
- In a separate bowl add, flour, cocoa and mix well.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add chocolate mixture and mix to combine
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 mins, or until just cooked (don't overbake them). Cool on a cooling rack
- Once cooled, using a small round cookie cutter, cut out 20-24 circles, set aside
- Make your mint icing
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth, add food colour to achieve green colour
- Fill a piping bag with a small star tip and pipe a small star onto the top of each brownie, add sprinkles on top if desired
Brownies freeze really well, up to 2 months in an airtight container.