These delicious gluten free cookies are made with almond flour and will rival any non gluten cookie. They are soft, chewy and full of chunks of milk and dark chocolate. You are going to love these almond flour chocolate chip cookies!
This is a ‘must try’ recipe! Last weekend I tested this recipe on 21 ladies at a baby shower I was hosting and not only did they go before dessert was even served, but there was a lot of chatter and amazement about them being made with almond flour. It was a nice option to have something gluten free as you never know who will show up with food restrictions and/or allergies.
On a side note, my plan was not to come up with a gluten free cookie, it just so happens that they are. I only had to tweak the recipe twice before I got them right and the ladies at the shower confirmed there was no need to tweak anymore!
The almond flour makes them extra chewy and soft, the recipe is simple and oh so tasty! I like to use good quality chocolate in my chocolate chip cookies, it really does make a huge difference. Lindt chocolate is one of my favourites to bake with. I like to chop the chocolate into big chunks, mixing dark and milk chocolate together. It’s a simple tip that’s a game changer in the cookie department 😉 Trust me on this, try using top quality chocolate rather than the packaged chocolate chips and you’ll never go back!
What do you guys think of these almond flour chocolate chip cookies?Print
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
These delicious gluten free cookies are made with almond flour and will rival any non gluten cookie. They are soft, chewy and full of chunks of milk and dark chocolate.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 9 mins
- Total Time: 24 mins
- Yield: 36 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (not too soft as the butter will run out of the cookies)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups good quality chocolate (mix of milk and dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream sugar and butter together until well incorporated. Add egg and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, add almond flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture. Beat until well incorporated. Add chopped chocolate and mix to combine.
- Drop approx. 1 tablespoon size of the cookie dough onto the baking sheet. Leave lots of room as the cookies will spread.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. The cookies should start to brown on the bottom and the sides.
- ***Leave the cookies to cool on the tray!! If you take them off too early they will fall apart! Do not overbake!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7.7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
Keywords: Chocolate Chip, Cookies, Gluten Free, Almond Flour, Dessert, Treat
You may also like: