These Chocolate Easter Eggs are an easy no bake recipe that are priority allergy free and delicious! Everyone will fall in love with these chocolatey yet creamy eggs!
Hello again, friends!
With Easter weekend just around the corner, there’s no doubt that you’re seeing cute chocolate eggs popping up everywhere in stores, and if you’re like me, you think to yourself: “if only there was an alternative ____ can have.”
Well, you’re in luck because I made the best copycat version of Cadbury’s chocolate covered eggs so famous around this time of year! Just for YOU!!
Dare I say, my version is even better than the store-bought and I’ll tell you why.
Growing up, they weren’t my favorite candies. I was so turned off by them because they reminded me of an uncooked egg trapped in a chocolate casing. Makes no sense but then again I was a kid with an interesting imagination. My parents still got them for us because we asked for them every year lol Who knew the need to fit in started so young.
Having homemade Chocolate Easter Eggs is a different story for obvious reasons – which I’ll mention anyway 🙂
For one, they’re made by you which means you know how you made them and what you put in them. Second, they’re a hundred times better than the store-bought variety because you’re in control of the ingredients you’re buying. And lastly, you’re completely avoiding all the preservatives and additives as a result of making your Easter Eggs at home.
These delicious gooey Chocolate Easter Eggs are the thing to make – and given that they’re priority allergy free is a total bonus!
I know it’s hard to believe but it’s true! These cute, easy-to-make Easter Eggs are free from:
- Tree nuts
- Animal products/by products
For your Easter weekend gathering, why not make these adorable allergy free Chocolate Easter Eggs together with Alex’s Mini Carrot Cakes!! You’ll accommodate a variety of tastes 🙂 I can’t wait to make the carrot cake minis allergy friendly for my home – they look sooo good!
Hope you love making these chocolatey treats! They’re no bake too and so much fun to get the kids involved in the process.
Let’s stay in touch! Drop me a line here with any questions or comments, and follow me on Insta for more allergy free inspiration.
Cheers to a happy and safe Easter weekend. xxPrint
Chocolate Easter Eggs
An easy no bake Chocolate Easter Eggs that are priority allergy free and delicious! Everyone will fall in love with these eggs – they’re quick and fun to make. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips – I used Enjoy Life Brand
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted – I used Earth Balance brand spread
- 3 tablespoons dairy free milk
- pinch – 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Egg moulds – available at craft store
- Melt 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips in a double boiler (or microwave*). Once melted, stir in the coconut oil until smooth and shiny. Remove from double boiler and add remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Leave for about 2-3 minutes before you stir the chocolates together until completely melted and chocolate is silky smooth.
- Pour about 2 teaspoons worth of chocolate into each egg cavity and using the back of the spoon, spread the chocolate so that the entire egg mould is covered. Place in the freezer to set, approximately 5 minutes.
- Repeat above step to coat a second time. Make sure you spread chocolate around quickly when adding the second coat because your chocolate will start hardening almost immediately!
- While you wait for the chocolate to set, prepare the filling: In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients except for the turmeric, until completely smooth. Remove approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of the icing mixture and place in a small bowl. Add turmeric a pinch at a time, and mix well, until satisfied with the yellow color. Don’t add more than the recommended max amount of turmeric. Set aside until ready to fill chocolate eggs.
- Remove from freezer and gently take out the chocolates eggs from the mould. Fill 1 half of the egg with the filling – approximately 1 tablespoon worth per egg.Then take a bit of the “yolk” filling and add to the middle of the filling – so it looks like an egg yolk. See pic for reference.
- To seal the chocolate egg halves together, heat a clean pan on top of the stove, then turn off heat. Take empty chocolate half and place it in the pan for a couple of seconds, while still holding on to the egg! Quickly take the filled half egg and place the heated half to seal the two halves and make a whole egg. Use your fingers to smooth the seal, if needed.
I don’t own a microwave so I don’t know the exact increments of time to melt the chocolate. To be safe, melt the chocolate in 10 second increments, stirring in between each time, until chocolate is completely melted. If anyone knows how to do it properly using a microwave, please feel free to drop a comment to clarify 🙂
Keywords: Chocolate Eggs, Vegan, Dairy Free, Easter