Sunny days are just around the corner, life feels a little more normal or maybe I’m just adjusting to the new normal?! Either way I’m thankful for baking and to have so many recipes to scroll through on the internet for inspiration.
If there is one thing that I could bake over and over again it would be muffins! Especially these dark chocolate cranberry muffins. They are a sweet little treat, fresh from the bakery; except they’ve come from your oven; hot and ready to enjoy! They are perfectly soft, a little tart from the cranberries with bits of rich chocolate mixed with a light cake like batter.
How could you say no to baking that?
If I’m going to be stuck at home for most of the summer it’s nice to know that so many of you will be baking along with me. I hope my recipes inspire you to keep busy baking away, to get creative in the kitchen and share with your family and friends. My hopes for creating this space, the recipes, and the stories have always been about sharing my love for baking. I want to inspire you to get in the kitchen and try something new. One thing I can say for sure, is how happy it makes me to see so many of you trying my recipes, asking questions and stepping out of your comfort zone.
Baking has brought me comfort and food has always brought my family and friends together. I hope it will do the same for you during this strange time!
Let me know what you think of these muffins or if you have any questions, us bakers have to stick together! 😉
Happy Baking Friends.
Dark Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
These muffins are perfectly soft, a little tart from the cranberries with bits of rich chocolate mixed with a light cake like batter. Best enjoyed the day of.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Total Time: 33 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Baking
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 oz (approx. 3/4 cup) roughly chopped dark chocolate, I use Lindt 70%
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Fill a muffin tin with paper cups and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat or whisk butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, add milk and the egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt together. Add chocolate and cranberries, mix to incorporate.
- Add dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture, mixing just until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 20.5g
- Sodium: 146mg
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 31.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
You may also like: