These small batch brownies are made in a loaf pan and are simple to make (the perfect amount for 1 or 2). They are chocolatey, nutty, chewy and moist, you’re going to love them!
Want to make a special treat but only want a small amount? Than this is the recipe for you! This small batch brownie recipe is the perfect little treat to curb your sweet tooth without the sugar overdose to go with it! They are chocolatey, nutty, chewy and moist, what else can you ask for in a brownie?!!
Small batch baking has picked up speed with the amount of people staying at home these days. We all crave a little something sweet to go with our mid-day coffee, or to finish off a nice meal. But since we aren’t passing by those coffee shops or restaurants as much, we aren’t getting that sweet fix either. Sometimes the problem with baking is the amounts! Most recipes make a lot, which is great when we are baking for friends, for birthdays, and dinner parties. But what about just for one or two of us?!
That’s exactly where small batch baking is great, just for one or two!
How to make the perfect small batch brownies
- Use good quality chocolate (stay clear of Chipits for this recipe). I always use Lindt Chocolate for all my baking! Tip: buy chocolate on sale, place in a bag and label baking. Keep in the freezer and only pull out for your baking projects.
- Toast nuts before to enhance the flavours.
- Always underbake your chocolate brownies! You want your brownies to be set in the middle, but still be super moist!
- Do not double this recipe if you want more brownies. Instead use my chocolate and ginger brownie recipe (omit the ginger and add nuts if you like) that’s made in an 8 x 8 pan.
For a richer more bitter brownie use dark 70% chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Using the same recipe as below follow the ingredients and directions but swap the milk chocolate for dark chocolate and the dark chocolate for the milk chocolate . Also add 2 extra tablespoons of sugar to sweeten the bitterness from the dark chocolate. Enjoy with vanilla ice cream and crushed walnuts.Print
Small Batch Brownies
These small batch brownies are made in a loaf pan and are simple to make (the perfect amount for 1 or 2). They are chocolatey, nutty, chewy and moist!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Total Time: 28 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (75 g) Lindt milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sifted cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup (37 g) Lindt dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Grease a loaf pan or cover in parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl slowly melt milk chocolate and butter together. Let cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl mix sifted flour, cocoa and salt together. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk egg, sugar and vanilla together until pale and creamy. Slowly add chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Add flour mixture, walnuts and chopped dark chocolate, fold ingredients together until combined.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Place in the middle of an oven and bake for 15 – 18 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (don’t overbake them, you want them to be soft and a little gooey). Cool on a cooling rack.
For a special treat add ice cream and crushed walnuts on top of a brownie.
Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 2101
- Sugar: 13.5g
- Sodium: 132mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 6.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17.8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
Keywords: Small Batch, Brownies, Chocolate, Dessert, Squares
You may also like: