It just isn’t St. Patrick’s Day without a green-decked treat, like these two bite chocolate mint brownies. They are soft, rich and decadent; topped with minty buttercream icing. Perfect for an Irish celebration!
They are made into tiny circular bite size brownies for a fun twist but don’t throw out those brownie scraps. After using a circular cookie cutter you’ll be left with small bits and pieces of brownie. Take those pieces and squish them into a ball approx. 1 inch in size. Now you’ll have little brownie truffles with the scraps. You can also roll those balls in icing sugar too (just like a chocolate truffle). Or just eat the scraps as is. 😉
The minty buttercream icing elevates these brownies to the next level! Chocolate and buttercream go hand and hand if you ask me! You don’t have to add the green food colouring if you don’t want. You can easily leave the icing white, but for St. Patrick’s Day this is a fun way to add a little green to the holiday!
Ever wonder what St.Patrick’s Day is all about? It’s funny sometimes we seem to celebrate events without even knowing what we are celebrating, I think we are all guilty of that! For me, it’s an excuse to get in the kitchen and be creative. If you’re not sure and want to read a little on what it’s all about, click here.
So get your green on in the kitchen and have some fun whipping up this simple brownie recipe that everyone will love. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I hope you enjoy making these two bite chocolate mint brownies!
Two Bite Chocolate Mint Brownies
These two bite chocolate mint brownies are soft, rich and decadent; topped with minty buttercream icing for a fun new twist. Save the brownie scraps and roll into balls for another treat.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup (150 g) milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sifted cocoa powder
- Mint Butter Cream Icing
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon of whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 5–8 drops green food colouring (optional)
- green sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Grease an 8 x 8 inch square pan or cover in parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Melt butter and chocolate slowly. Let cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl add, flour, cocoa and mix well.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add chocolate mixture and mix to combine. Add flour mixture and fold together.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until just set (don’t overbake them). Cool on a cooling rack for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Using a small round cookie cutter, approx. 1 – 1 1/2 inches in diameter, cut out 20 -24 circles, set brownies aside.
- Make your mint icing.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth, light and fluffy. Add food colour at the end to achieve your desired green colour.
- Using a piping bag with a small star tip, pipe a small star onto the top of each brownie, add sprinkles on top if desired.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Brownies freeze really well, up to 2 months in an airtight container.
Use brownie scraps to make brownie truffles. Take a small amount of scraps and squish in the palm of your hand. Shape into a ball approx. 1 inch in diameter. Roll each ball into icing sugar. Store in an airtight container for 2 days or freeze for up to a month.
- Serving Size: 1 of 24
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 12.4g
- Sodium: 39mg
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15.3g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
Keywords: Two Bite Brownies, Chocolate, Mint, Brownies, Dessert
You may also like: