Here’s a sweet summer twist on pizza; blackberry, basil and honey! This is a fun, light and fresh recipe for a backyard party with friends. Pizza dough recipe included.
Does life get any sweeter than this blackberry, basil and honey summer pizza? I think not! It’s the perfect summer pizza to change things up and have some fun with your food!
Recently I decided to start making my own pizza and now I’m hooked! I make the dough up, divid it into quarters and then freeze the rest to pull out for another quick, simple lunch or dinner option.
Who here loves pizza as much as I do? If I had to survive on one type of food this would be it (I’m 100% serious guys)! I love pizza: thick or thin crust, cheesy or saucy, loaded with meats or veggies, dipping sauce or oils and vinegars; really anything goes when creating a pizza.
This pizza is inspired for summer bbqs and backyard parties! Serve it as an appetizer or make a pizza party with lots of different options to feed a crowd.
Some of my top Pizza Ideas!
- Pear and blue cheese with walnuts
- Spicy sausage, caramelized onions and mozzarella
- Spinach, feta with roasted zucchini and peppers
- Crushed tomatoes, basil, roasted garlic and fresh mozzarella
Use my homemade pizza dough recipe to create this fun, brightly coloured juicy blackberry, basil and honey summer pizza. Or if you don’t have time you can always use your favourite flatbread, I like to use naan bread when I’m in a pinch.
It’s also fun to bbq pizza! I find the best results for making pizza is using a pizza stone or a cast iron skillet. Whenever I use a baking sheet I find the dough to be a little harder and chewier, just keep that in mind the next time you’re baking your own pizza from scratch!
I’m always looking for new ideas to top my pizza. What are some of your favourite pizza toppings?
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe for blackberry, basil and honey summer pizza:)Print
Blackberry, Basil and Honey Summer Pizza
A sweet summer twist on pizza with blackberry, basil and honey.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 1 pizza 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- Pizza dough (I used my homemade recipe)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Pint of fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 Tablespoons liquid honey
- Handful of fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to the desired temperature for the pizza dough.
- Using a pastry brush, brush olive oil all over the dough, all the way to the edges.
- Cover the pizza with blackberries, and goat cheese. Bake in oven until dough is brown and crisp (follow pizza dough baking instructions).
- Remove from the oven and place on a serving plate. Add salt and pepper to taste all over pizza. Drizzle honey all over and top with fresh basil
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 119.25
- Sugar: 6.2g
- Sodium: 97mg
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 16.9
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: Homemade Pizza, Summer, Blackberry, Lunch, Savoury
You may also like:
Leave a Reply