There are so many ways to toast pumpkins seeds and so many flavours to combine with them. Here is a super simple, basic recipe on how to make toasted pumpkin seeds this autumn!
You can eat them on their own as a simple snack, toss them into salads, add them to your morning granola, sprinkle them over your soup or even toss them into a candy recipe like my pumpkin spice brittle.
Most people bake them in the oven, but I find toasting them on the stove top is quick, simple and you can avoid burning seeds much easier. It’s pretty straight forward to make; cut pumpkin, scoop out seeds, rinse seeds, bake seeds, and season seeds, voila!! I told you super simple. 🙂
Click here to learn how to roast your own pumpkins to make homemade pumpkin puree for yummy desserts like pumpkin pie. 🙂
Toasted pumpkin seeds are one of my favourites to add to fall meals, I hope you enjoy this simple recipe.
Happy Fall Baking!
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
A simple recipe to toast pumpkin seeds, perfect for a snack or adding to granolas, salads, or soups.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 13 mins
- Yield: 1 Cup 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Canadian
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds from 1-2 baking pumpkins
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds- optional (shelled pumpkin seeds, green in colour bought from the bulk food store)
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1–2 teaspoons olive oil or butter (optional)
- Cut open your baking pumpkin and scrape out the seeds.
- Rinse seeds in warm water and remove any extra pumpkin pulp.
- Add seeds to a frying pan at medium-high heat, stirring consistently so the seeds don’t burn.
- Add your salt and olive oil/butter (if using) and stir until seeds are brown, fragrant and crisp.
If using pepita seeds be careful when adding them to the frying pan as they toast much faster than the raw seeds from your pumpkin. Add them halfway through your cooking time.
You can also add other spices such as paprika, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 48
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 21mg
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 0
You may also like: