These are the best white chocolate macadamia nut cookies you’ll ever make! They are soft and chewy, nutty and chocolaty, and incredibly addictive. They are by far one of my favourite cookies! A cookie recipe you’ll want to keep on hand!
I think one of the reasons why I love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies so much is because I don’t have them very often. They always seem to be an ‘actual treat’ for me! It’s not often that I bake them, and I rarely order cookies at cafes or coffee shops (cookies just aren’t the treat I want when I’m out and I find them easy to bake myself).
So when I found myself at the bulk barn buying macadamia nuts, I remembered why I don’t make them often; holy cow they are expensive!! Not to mention these cookies are only worth making if you’re going to do them right and that means using good quality white chocolate, not the chipits. I use Lindt chocolate in all my baking and you can really tell the difference when you make this simple switch.
So all this being said, these cookies are expensive (well at least for a cookie). The good news – they are totally worth it!! Plus the recipe makes a lot so you’ll have cookies for days (or you can feed a crowd I guess)! You can also freeze half the batter like I did, that way the next time you have a craving you can pull out your ready-to-go cookie dough balls and place them on the baking sheet and voila, cookies! It’s like the Pillsbury Dough Boy Cookies, but 100% better!
Want to freeze your batter?
If you want to freeze half the cookie dough (or a portion) I suggest rolling the batter into 1 tablespoon size balls. Because the macadamia nuts are so large it’s hard to cut through a cookie dough log, it better to make balls for this recipe. Once you’ve rolled all your dough balls place them in a freezer ziplock bag and freeze for 2-3 months. Wen you’re ready to bake cookies, remove them from the freezer and let the frozen balls defrost on a cookie sheet and bake as you normally would.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I do! Happy Baking 🙂Print
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
These cookies are the perfect amount of soft, chewy, nutty and chocolatey! They are sweet with brown sugar and white chocolate but with a balance of buttery, crunchy macadamia nuts. A cookie recipe you’ll want to keep on hand!
- Prep Time: 12 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Yield: 36 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each baking powder and baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped white chocolate (I use Lindt chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside (if you have two baking sheets, line both, it will make your life easier).
- In a stand mixer add butter and sugars together, beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and continue to beat until creamy and pale in colour. Add vanilla.
- In a sparate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add to your butter mixture in 2 additions.
- Now add your nuts and chopped chocolate, mix until combined.
- Roll approximately 1 tablespoon sized balls and place on to your prepared baking sheet. Space each ball 1-2 inches apart. Lightly flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for approx. 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake! Take the cookies out just before you think they are done and let them continue to bake on the sheet for an extra 2 minutes (if you overbaked them, do not let the cookies rest on cookie sheet, remove immediately). Remove cookies from the baking sheet to a cooling rack. They should be soft and a little gooey in the middle.
You can freeze the cookie dough to make cookies at a later time. See notes in the blog for direction on how to do this.
Store cookies in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 99mg
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Keywords: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, Cookies, Treat, White Chocolate
You may also like: